Cluj Academic Days 2018
16 – 21 October 2018
• CLUJ ACADEMIC DAYS are held in Cluj-Napoca between the 16th and the 20th of October 2018. The program consists of extensive scientific events of national and international importance, which, under this generic, have a long tradition of almost five decades. The events are organized in the context of the Centenary of the Great Union.
• The Romanian Academy research institutes present their rich accomplishments, in the enriching atmosphere of the Academic Days. The program is international and includes conferences, symposia and scientific sessions of communications.
• Researchers and university students in Cluj, in a dialogue with students from other academic centers in the country and abroad, will present important scientific contributions in a wide range of fields. These are: the field of humanities, respectively philology, linguistics, history and literary theory, history and historiography, archeology and art history , philosophy, juridical sciences, economics, psychology, ethnology and folklore, librarianship, the field of exact sciences, earth and life, mathematics, informatics, astronomy, chemistry, physics, biology, geography, caving, medical sciences.
• The scientific manifestations taking place in Cluj-Napoca during October are of particular importance due to the participation of numerous scientific personalities, and a large number of young researchers, academics from different scientific centers in the country and abroad.
International Conference: World War One and the Birth of a New World Order. 1848-1918-2018 A Nation Affirmed.”
Participants for countries: Austria, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Republic of Moldova, Russia, Serbia, United Kingdom, United States of America.
• This year’s Academic Days Program introduces twenty-five scientific events from the above-mentioned areas, symposiums and national or international communications sessions where over 520 (five hundred and twenty) scientific papers will be presented.
• Cluj Academic Days enjoys a great prestige due to the high scientific level and the dialogue between the scientists from different fields. It is an event of prime importance and an excellent opportunity to present the outstanding results of the scientific research in Cluj, showing our academic city’s major role in the development of Romanian science and culture at national and European level.
• Cluj Academic Days comprises a wide variety of events open to wide audience between the 16th and the 21th of October. Book launches, press conferences, roundtables, meetings of scientific personalities with the audience, musical auditions etc. will be held in the following locations: the Babeş – Bolyai University, at the Library of the Romanian Academy, at the Lucian Blaga University Library.